Sunday, June 17, 2007

What do you get when you mix two softies with four paws?





The highlight of my weekend can be summed up with this anecdote:


What do you get when two softies come across four paws?

The answer: a potential new family member.

World meet "Mochi." Mochi meet world. Wait, wait, before you get on my case about being a sucker for another cat, let me explain. It found me, like a calling from God.

I was practicing bicycling in a small parking lot when I heard a faint cry from a distance. I maneuvered my bicycle left, then right, then back left until the culprit waddled towards me and jumped in my arms.

And that's how I met Mochi (餅). Formerly known as Gizmo (that was his name the first 15 minutes we had him) this little guy or girl, too early to tell, was dumped in the park to fend for itself.

Luckily for it and us, Gino and I are suckers for a cute face. With the lack of a parental "no," Gino's keenness to help it only further sped up the inevitable: this cat was coming home with us.

But he was a dirty little thing when we first got our hands on him. Here is a picture of Mochi's first bath. Here is a picture of the real deal Mochi, which is one of Gino's and my favorite tasty treats. It is a sticky, gooey Japanese rice cake. He or she kind of looks like one, right?




Speaking of off-the-wall animal names, stories and pictures, my buddy Ayako recently went to a petting zoo / animal tricks sort of place and came across the "Hello Bear."

She said every time she'd walk by it she would say and wave "hello" and the bear would return the gesture. Here is a picture she got of him:
"Hey Dad! Happy Father's Day!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwh, so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!