Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rice planting





I have been slow to write these past two weeks. When rainy season is over, I will blog. It has rained everyday for the past six weeks. I'm sorry all you people out there basking in the sun these summer months, I am wishing July away this year.

I welcome Japan's August sun. I want to leave this rain behind. One good thing that has come about from all the rain is that the rice is really growing. A few weeks ago Gino and I planted rice in our town. Here are pictures.

A line was strung out, then everyone would take their place along the line. Then you would tear a chunk of green and jam it in the shin-deep mud. It was a "muddy" good time!

The last picture is our finished product. Just joking, this is the work clearly of a machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said, danielle, i'm with ya on the rainy season. nice little post, though, you're the best!!